Mance Park Middle School Outreach Program
For further information, contact Judy Freeman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
EOY Everyone Appreciation
The Mance Park Methodist Partnership showed appreciation for the teachers at Mance Park Middle School by providing delicious desserts in the teachers’ workroom and by holding drawings for an Adirondack chair, a bench, and a bag of summer vacation supplies. Winners were Cynthia O’Bryant (Adirondack chair), Carol Metz (bench), Josiah Bone (supplies). Special thanks to Karen Kelly and Martha Brown for organizing this event and to Byron Kelly for making the chair and bench.
FREE TO BE ME Girls’ Summit at Mance Park Middle School – Friday, March 9th
The Mance Park Middle School administration is hosting a forum to reach out to all 215 of the 8th grade girls by bringing in women from our community to discuss relative topics with them. There will be large group speakers and coordinators as well as small “break-out” group leaders. You can be a part of this important event by volunteering for one or more of the following roles:
- Small “Break-out” Group Leader (female leaders only) – need 8 to 10 volunteers!
- Role: Lead small groups of 6 to 10 girls through a set of pre-defined questions.
- Time Requirement: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. on Friday, March 9th. The first hour will be volunteer orientation followed by arrival of students at 9:00 a.m. It is important that volunteers be present for the entire time.
- Signing-in of all 8th Grade Girls for the Summit – need 6 volunteers!
- Time Requirement: 8:30 a.m. to 9:15 a.m.
- Serving Lunch for all Summit Participants – need 8 volunteers!
- Time Requirement: 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Baking Cookies for the Event – need 48 dozen!
- Deliver cookies to MPMS: by 11:00 a.m.
Volunteer Application Requirement: Please note that all volunteers (except those baking cookies only!) must complete the online volunteer application by Friday, March 2nd (if you have not already done so this 2017/2018 school year).
If you are interested in volunteering for one or more of the above roles or if you have questions, please contact Judy Freeman (text or call 936-661-1825 or email email@example.com) or contact Rev. Ellen Willett at 936-295-5441 or firstname.lastname@example.org. More detailed information will be provided for all those who sign up as volunteers.
Thank you for volunteering!
MOCK INTERVIEWS – Volunteers needed
Have you ever interviewed a 7th grader for a job? In preparation for the future, the students at MPMS are interviewed by FUMC/community members. We’ll provide the questions, the kiddos, the space and the enjoyment. How about spending a couple of hours with our students?
WHEN: FEB. 26TH – MARCH 1ST
CONTACT: Sonya Dial @ 832.594.4274
CLASS SCHEDULE: 1st period 7:45-8:38
2nd period 8:41-9:31
3rd period 9:34-10:24
4th period 10:27-11:17
5th period 11:20-12:56 lunch is 11:20-11:50
6th period 12:59-1:49
7th period 1:52-2:42
8th period 2:45-3:32